All times are UTC + 1 hour

Warthrone: News » Dwarf Rune Master         
 Post subject: Dwarf Rune Master
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 pm 
Our Dwarfs range is expanded with a new hero, a Dwarf Rune Master.
The model, sculpted by me :) , shows the Dwarf sorcerer imbued in magic energy, in the process of casting a spell.

The model is based on conceptual art by Wayne England. Diego Gisbert is the author of the color ilustration for the blister card.

Really hope you like it!

Felix

Post subject: Re: Dwarf Rune Master
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 pm 
Amazing fig! :welc:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm 
I usually follow the GW-fluff, where Dwarfs have no sorcerers but use Rune magic, I like the idea. But of course a dwarven rune smith can still be imbued in magical energies, and I think you perfectly captured that. I like the pose, he definitely belongs on a small hill or something like that. It's actually perfect for GW's Storm of Magic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:42 pm 
Any chance of some nice big pics?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:46 pm 
It's a very good model. Nice pose, it's gymnastic but strong. ;) However, instead of using it for my Dwarfs, I'll rather buy it, convert some bits and use it for my Chaos Dwarfs. That eight-pointed star made up of lightning bolts are calling out for Hashut. :evilsorc:

Great stuff, mr. Paniagua! Fortunately you've understood the sole principle of fantasy miniatures production: You can never have too many dwarves.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 am 
Next will come the 40 miniature. Something special or will you wait to the 50th figure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am 
Wonderful Dwarf! as always at AoW :applause: i have to post that on my favorite german forum!

I think the same way as Jasko, magic is something for the weak elves or bloody orkz, not for the noble Dwarfs. But as the figures name says, it's a Rune Master, he evoke the mighty power of dwarven runes to smash the enemies :thumleft:

maybe it is possible, to give the figure a alternative weapon head? a mighty rune-hammer will be perfect!

i think, i put the Rune Master on a Scibor-Base, the one looks like d dwarf-face... the base ist nearly as high as the figure...

i hope, the 40 figure will be a very spezial, amazing DWARF!

remind: you can't have enough Dwarfs :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am 
maybe it is possible, to give the figure a alternative weapon head? a mighty rune-hammer will be perfect!
[/quote]

I thought about that, too. We'll see

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:06 pm 
IMO this is one of the best AOW releases in a while. Probably because i like chaos dwarfs and it looks pretty chaotic. Hopefully another dwarf of chaos will be released soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 pm 
Great Miniature! :thumleft: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:41 am 
Without diving into an inappropriate level of sycophantism (although I believe we can all agree that Felix's mad skills deserve above average heights of fandom) I would just like to say this is easily my favourite Dwarf miniature you have released so far. The dynamic pose absolutely sold it to me - I made sure to snap one up as soon as they became available in the store; hopefully supply can keep up with demand! :thumright:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm 
I'm sorry guys but this one just isn't doing it for me. Wayne England's a great artist but this miniature seems to have taken all the worst things from many of his pictures and crammed them all together. It's blocky, static, loaded with too much excessive detail. If you take away the cloak it's a really stiff pose. Holding the staff up across liek that in such a rigid manner's very early 90's. And the cloak could be better too. As it is it looks a bit like a shelf.

I don't think I'll be buying this one chaps but I hope that those of you who do really enjoy him. He's just not for me.